Friday, September 17, 2010

Huck the Schmuck

Mike Huckabee, the former governor of Arkansas, evangelist minister, talk show host, confidant of Chuck Norris, and hypocritical Republican weasel, today came out in favor of denying health care insurance to individuals with pre-existing conditions.

TPM:
 "It sounds so good, and it's such a warm message to say we're not gonna deny anyone from a preexisting condition," Huckabee explained at the Value Voters Summit today. "Look, I think that sounds terrific, but I want to ask you something from a common sense perspective. Suppose we applied that principle [to] our property insurance. And you can call your insurance agent and say, "I'd like to buy some insurance for my house." He'd say, "Tell me about your house." "Well sir, it burned down yesterday, but I'd like to insure it today." And he'll say "I'm sorry, but we can't insure it after it's already burned." Well, no preexisting conditions."
Speaking as a person with a pre-existing condition or two myself, I can only hope & pray that Huck someday finds himself personally....ahh,  "enlightened" about the difficulty of getting health insurance when you're already sick. What was that line about helping the sick and the poor again, Mike? Think you might have heard of the idea somewhere?

Alan Grayson was right, the Republican idea of health care truly  is "don't get sick, or if you do, die quickly."

No comments: