Thursday, June 29, 2017

This Is Not Normal

I have never been a fan of Mika Brzezinski. I've raged and insulted her for years; in fact, one of my most popular posts starts out by calling her a "dumb bitch." I still don't think she's very bright, and I wonder if her father hadn't been Jimmy Carter's National Security Advisor, would she have risen so far?

That said, I am not the President of the United States of America.

The early morning tweets today from the man currently occupying the White House about Mika are beneath the dignity of the office of the President. What Agent Orange said was not only a lie - there's photographic evidence of that - it was sexist, inaccurate, petty, and wrong, wrong in a "what's WRONG with you, dude?" sense.

I'm a guy sitting in front of a computer, sending my thoughts and opinions out to the world. I don't - yet! - have the power to move markets, create tensions in capitals around the world, or make dictators sleep uneasily. I do believe that my words can affect the general conversation in our country, and perhaps be an additional push toward creating a just society for us all.

So Mika, I apologize for saying you're a "bitch." It wasn't meant in a sexist manner, more of a general insult, but nevertheless I hereby retract the word, and will try to restrain myself from using it in the future.

As for Agent Orange, the Tangerine Traitor occupying the White House, I ask again: WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? And to the Republicans who see his instability, ignorance, and toxic personality every day: WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS? Are you so addicted to power, and so lustful for more, that you will continue to ignore the many and various faults, deceits, disloyalties, and deficiencies of this man? He must be removed from office, for the good of the country, and frankly, the future of your party.

Seriously, do you Republicans want to be associated with this man when his treasonous dealing with Russia are finally revealed? Do you want to wait until the entire nation is howling for his traitorous head (and Jared's, and Mike Flynn's, and Steve Bannon's, and Stephen Miller's...but I digress)? Does anyone remember 1976? That wasn't so good a year for you guys, was it? The stink of Tricky Dick was all over all of you, and you lost around the country. And he hadn't turned traitor, Nixon and the other Watergate conspirators were all home-grown! How will you all look when it's revealed that all along, your President was Putin's puppet?

Remove Donald J. Trump from office. This the only way forward.

No comments: