Tuesday, August 17, 2010

About That Mosque(?) at Ground Zero(?)...

I'm tired of hearing the wingnuts lie about this. I'm tired of hearing liars like Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich express such concern about a town, New York City,  that they like even less than they like San Francisco. And I'm damn angry that the Republicans - once again - are willing to burn the Constitution that they pretend to love so much, for reasons of expediency, racism, and an undying lust for power. Haven't these jackasses ever read the First Amendment??

  • It's not going to be just a mosque; it's going to be a community center. A "separately-run mosque" is part of it, but so is "a swimming pool, gym, basketball court, a 500-seat auditorium, a restaurant and a culinary school." It will also offer "a library, reading room and art studios, and childcare services." It'll even have a 9/11 memorial!
  • It's not on Ground Zero; it's several blocks away:


I am happy, though, that Keith Olbermann covered all this last night, much more succinctly than I can with the limited time & space that I have tonight. So, here he is:




No comments: