Thursday, August 26, 2010

Didn't I Say This Would Happen?

Anti-Muslim hysteria breeds anti-Muslim hatred, which begets anti-Muslim violence. I've said this before. So what's in the news tonight?
And finally, this classy guy:
I've been saying for a long time now that the GOP is sowing the wind; now we're reap the whirlwind. What's it going to take before the Repugs stop lying and playing games--a presidential assassination? Or are they content knowing that they're sowing the seeds for a second American civil war?

I'm beyond disgusted with the constantly nay-saying Republican politicians opposing literally everything the Democrats propose because they have an insatiable lust for power, the Tea Party idiots who don't want health care reform but don't realize that their Medicare is a government-run health care program, the sectarian  fools who pick & choose which biblical verses to obey and which to ignore, while pointing out the flaws in the holy books of other faiths; the mindless loudmouths on the radio & TV who demand constitutional rights without knowing what they are, the loose and dangerous rhetoric we hear of from our modern-day demagogues, and the flag-waving cretins who demand smaller, less intrusive government while insisting that the Feds do a nationwide bed check to ensure that everyone else conforms to their idea of a permissible marriage contract.

I'm sick of the misplaced anger, I'm sick of the ignorant hatred. I'm sick of people who think that describing someone as "intelligent and college-educated" is an insult, and I'm sick of the sheer stupidity. So I'm not going away, I'm not giving up, and I'm certainly not going to stop shouting from my virtual rooftop here.

Nope, not going anywhere. In fact, I'm "reloading."

No comments: