Wednesday, January 28, 2009

He Won It Fair & Square

OK! Back after a bad fibro flare-up, and I'm instituting a new feature on the blog: The Biggest Asshole Of The Day Award! I've decided to start this after watching the Repugs drop their veneer of bipartisan cooperation and reveal themselves for the assholes that they really are. And consequently, I've got a lot of candidates for the first award.

Second Runner-Up: Norm Coleman! Normie, a perennial favorite around here, gets a mention for whining about his loss to Al Franken in the recount, and for going into court in an attempt to change the election results --with no case.

First Runner-Up goes to Rush Limbaugh, who infamously said "I hope President Obama fails." I guess when you have a contract with your employer for $34 million, you don't need to pretend that you care about the average guy. Except that's exactly what Rush does every day....or, at least, he pretends to care about the stupid, uneducated white guys who make up the overwhelming majority of his audience. Way to stay a big fat liar, Rush--keep up the good work!

But the winner is......Dick Armey! Tonight on Hardball, Armey had this to say to Joan Walsh of Salon.com:
"I am so damn glad that you could never be my wife, 'cause I surely wouldn't have to listen to that prattle from you every day."
What a sexist, arrogant piece of shit!! On behalf of the rest of my gender, I apologize to Ms. Walsh and any other women who were offended by this jackass. But Armey's dumbass comment has won him our first Biggest Asshole Of The Day Award!!

No comments: