Sunday, May 17, 2009

An Update & A "I Told You So" For Norm

I've been AWOL lately, reading the torture memos. Not fun, but I wanted to know what I was talking about before I wrote on the matter. However, life rolls on, and weasels get into more trouble, as I predicted earlier:
FBI agents in Minnesota have begun asking questions about the relationship between former U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman and a close friend and donor, according to a Minnesota source to whom the agents talked.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, said the "main topic" of the two agents' questions surrounded an allegation that Bloomington financier Nasser Kazeminy paid for suits and other items Coleman and his wife shopped for at Neiman-Marcus in Minneapolis.

Apparently, the FBI isn't going to wait until the end of the near-endless Coleman/RNC legal shenanigans to start investigating him. As I reported earlier, at one time it appeared that the feds wanted to wait until the Franken-Coleman trials ended to begin an expansion of their investigation into this corrupt former senator. Now it seems that they just aren't willing to wait any longer. Great! And hey, federales, find out who paid for his teeth and his nose job too, willya?



No comments: